Of names..
I'm reading Hari Kunzru's book "My Revolutions". I came across this line in there:
Annica is a Buddhist term. The cosmic state of flux.
--
Flux: The condition existing in a medium subjected to a magnetising force.
I wonder what that means for you? That you will change and grow constantly? That you will adapt and be strong in every situation? That you will be intelligent and visionary one moment, compassionate and kind the next? That you will be powerful, and immense, all in one?
I wish you will be the magnetism, the force, the vastness.. I wish the world for you.
I will wait and see.
Meanwhile I hope, that one day 16 years from now, I will not say to you "I remember when you were born, my dear... you were so little and prettier by the day.. and look at you now, all grown up and changing the world.."
Coz there's nothing more irritating than hearing a grownup say that to you.
So your weirdly-named aunt will bite her tongue.
But you can be sure she's thinking it
Annica is a Buddhist term. The cosmic state of flux.
--
Flux: The condition existing in a medium subjected to a magnetising force.
I wonder what that means for you? That you will change and grow constantly? That you will adapt and be strong in every situation? That you will be intelligent and visionary one moment, compassionate and kind the next? That you will be powerful, and immense, all in one?
I wish you will be the magnetism, the force, the vastness.. I wish the world for you.
I will wait and see.
Meanwhile I hope, that one day 16 years from now, I will not say to you "I remember when you were born, my dear... you were so little and prettier by the day.. and look at you now, all grown up and changing the world.."
Coz there's nothing more irritating than hearing a grownup say that to you.
So your weirdly-named aunt will bite her tongue.
But you can be sure she's thinking it
Comments